For the longest time I kept eyeing that little triangular platform at the top, where the clock and schoolbell are (that is a working clock people, no kidding), wondering how I could make use of it to build an extra floor (trust me, the way those critters are, they're always needing more space) (I meant the Sylvanians) (I think).
Now the bell is attached to the clock and the whole piece is slotted through that triangular platform. It's not actually triangular though; it's really a trapezium, so I knew fitting a cardboard box there, with the clock piece going through it, might be a little tricky. Also, the scalloped edges of the school walls only offered a tiny ledge of about 2mm -- still, I felt it was something.
Well, after considering it every now and then over several days and weeks, and what with those critters murmurin' and complainin' about how they don't have enough space to sleep, I finally decided to give it a shot.
This shows the thing sitting on my sewing machine, drying. I managed to make slots for the clock piece to go through.
This shows the thing with some furniture in place. Some of what was previously the nursery was moved here, so that the old nursery is now a bedroom.
This shows the thing mounted on top of the school. I had to build a pillar in the bedroom below to support the weight.
And this shows everyone enjoying it. Yay for recycling! Have a super lovely Friday :)