Friday, June 15, 2012

loving today: book 9

The last literary Loving Today inspired by this post.
* * *

Then she smiled for the first time. "Do you give names to other things like that?"
"Sometimes," said Steerpike. "I have a disrespectful nature".
"Do you give people names?"
"I have done".
"Have you got one for me?"
Steerpike sucked the end of his swordstick and raised his straw-coloured eyebrows. "I don't think I have," he said. "I usually think of you as Lady Fuchsia".
"Do you call my mother anything?"
"Your mother? Yes".
"What do you call my mother?"
"I call her the old Bunch of Rags," said Steerpike.
Fuchsia's eyes opened wide and she stood still again. "Go away," she said.
"That's not very fair," said Steerpike. "After all, you asked me".

3 comments:

Tammie Bowden said...

What an intriguing literary snippet and a wonderful grouping of photos to go along with it! I'm honored to be included - thanks so much!

AntiquityTravelers said...

dark and brooding ... just my kind of read! lovely photos in this one!

Made by SwirlyGirl said...

Haunting, beautiful, and really different! Thank you for including me in this lovely collection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...