Monday, October 8, 2012

Inky



More movie experimentation! This was 38 frames for just 24 seconds of film -- effortful! I've read that it takes an average 1,440 frames to make one minute of film -- you just have to marvel at the people who do entire movies.


Inky 046a
But here is Inky, the star of the show! Inky is a sweet little fellow made entirely of black yarn. He loves reading, and listening to dinner conversations, and well, obviously he loves lounging about on things as well. Inky would make a charming companion, as well as an adorable addition to a nursery or bookshelf. He's perfect for Halloween too!


Inky 045a
Inky is in the shop now, though I must admit to feeling greatly tempted to keep him. Perhaps for more exciting films haha!
See you soon!

17 comments:

A Very Sweet Blog said...

A super cute octopus! Filmaking is definitely an art. Sweet film!
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

V said...

What an adorable fellow! And impressive movie! I'm looking forward to sequels LOL! I'd actually like a similar octopus in a heather wool, I'll email you :D

Venus-Suburbia Soup said...

Great short film! You may have to keep him for further movies... he may be the next big thing!

The Cranky said...

He is so sweet!

trishie said...

Aaaaah, Inky is so cute.

I love octopus, they are such fascinating and very clever creatures.

Reinhardt Kenneth said...

Inky is such a cute creature, I'd die to buy him, but my parents won't let me buy online *sobs*. love your crafts, you are very talented<3

Niina - My Paper Chaos said...

You got to love Inky! He's pretty adorable, and you always got to love someone who's into books ;)

Plowing Through Life (Martha) said...

Inky is adorable! So sweet.

Christine Altmiller said...

that sweet video has an adorable star!

Pizziricco said...

hahaha, clever, so suspenseful too! & u actually made Inky? wow!

Audrey said...

Ok, Inky is adorable.....but I am commenting because I am SO ENVIOUS of your video-making ability. My daughter and I have been slightly obsessed with stop-motion videos (one of our posts: http://audreygoeslocal.blogspot.com/2011/11/stoking-creativity-fire.html). Congrats on that ~ I look forward to the next one.... ***SMILE***

AntiquityTravelers said...

Oh inky is perfect for Halloween! What a cute plush toy :) How do you guys celebrate the holiday? My youngest is asking for a party. Hmm, scary games and candy. I could probably pull that together!

Beth said...

Inky is delightful, Janice, and so is your video of him! I like the music you chose.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Nice work on the video of Inky! He is adorable! He actually reminds me of a pink octopus my Great Aunt handmade for me at a little girl....it was a favorite. It was all pink yarn with a big styrofoam ball underneath for the head. :)

Gloria said...

Terrific video, enjoyed that music, too. Filming him in black and white- like that.

Shoko said...

Adorable! He's a keeper :)

Libby said...

Super cute video! Hi, Inky. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...