I'm choosing things that somehow remind me of each book; subjective associations, as it were, rather than literal translations. Hopefully I manage to capture at least a sense of the book, indefinite though it may be, and inspire you to go read it :)
Arabella, with her hands folded in front of her, looked at them all with a calm, indifferent expression upon her face. She did not trouble to answer any of their kind inquiries. She seemed neither surprized nor embarrassed to find them there.
"Where in the world have you been?" demanded Strange.
"Walking," she said. Her voice was just as it had always been.
"Walking! Arabella, are you quite mad? In three feet of snow? Where?"
"In the dark woods," she said, "among my soft-sleeping brothers and sisters. Across the high moors among the sweet-scented ghosts of my brothers and sisters long dead. Under the grey sky through the dreams and murmurs of my brothers and sisters yet to come".
extract from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, by Susanna Clarke
2. Nevermore - The Raven mobile by Salty And Sweet
3. Lone tree in winter photograph by Leaping Gazelle Studios
4. Girl in the Mist postcard by April Martin
5. Ghost no 6 print by Cate Anevski
6. Crow dictionary art print by Quaint And Curious
7. The Captain's Wife papercut by The Little Chickadee
8. Vintage magic poster from King Paper